New front entry doors are not cheap but they sure are worth it. You may have the funds set aside to purchase a new front entry door, but you want to ensure you have clear signs that you need a new entry door.
Well, this post will expose five clear signs that you can look for to prove you need a new entry door.
- Outdated. Beyond popular belief, a clear sign and need of a new front entry door is a door with an old design that doesn’t match the theme of your home. At this point you need to consider a door replacement by doing the necessary research.
- Cracks. An entry door that has obvious cracks is another clear sign you need a door replacement. These cracks can widen and leave space for cold or hot air to enter your home which can alter the temperature in your home. It can also be access points to undesirable insect infestation.
- Hard to open. No entry door should be hard to open to make access to your home. This is unnecessary discomfort that needs to be remedied with a new door replacement.
- Screeching sounds. Not only is squeaks and screech sounds disturbing and embarrassing, but they also point to issues that can be linked to security issues if not remedied immediately. This is another clear sign for the need of a door replacement.
- Swelling. A door that swells make it difficult to open it and sometimes impossible until the swelling has subsided. Door swelling is normally connected to heavy rains and cold weather. The door absorbs the moisture and hinders the correct functioning of the opening and closing ability of the door. A door replacement is the best option in this position because it will keep happening each time the weather gets to that level.
Bonus Sign. A door that has a lock system that is defective also might indicate the need for a new door replacement because regular repairs may still not amount to a quality lock system which can be a great security threat.
Deciding on a new entry door is quite exciting and doing the necessary research can ensure your door replacement process goes smoothly.
These signs should not be ignored but prioritized because they are critical aspects to the overall upkeep and maintenance of your home.
Whether your new entry door upgrade be fiberglass, wood, glass or waterproof, the important thing is that you make the steps to replace your front door immediately to ensure it compliments your home.
Leave a Reply